Sunday, December 13, 2009

I like bright bold colors in eyeshadow but hate glitter. Any brand or product recommendations?

Other then drugstore brands, you can still recommend them. My skin is dark so bold colors look great on me. But a lot of lines use glitter in their brighter and bolder colors. Know of any good brands that are loud but without glitter.I like bright bold colors in eyeshadow but hate glitter. Any brand or product recommendations?
MAC is a good brandI like bright bold colors in eyeshadow but hate glitter. Any brand or product recommendations?
I'm pretty sure a bunch of people are going to say M.A.C.





They do have a lot of eye shadow minus the glitter.





I'm not sure if they last long though, but I have heard that they have.





If you want to make sure it stays on forever, definitely buy an eyeshadow primer like Urban Decays Primer Potion which you can find at Sephora. Even using a little bit of liquid foundation or concealer can work as a primer!
I read the other answers and all agree M.A.C. is great. I worked for Bare Escentuals and I still use a majority of their shadows in my freelance work. Fantastic but a lot have glitter or as they say glimmer. I just fell in love with the new formulation of Clarins shadows. Their colors are vibrant. Long wearing. Can be used wet or dry. They are creamy so they don't crease. I have been using them and really am impressed. I'll give you a link but the best way to actually decide is visit a counter. Start talking to an associate there and ask to play. They will love it. Enjoy!!! ( Try Icy Tourquise and Sweet Melon. They are FIERCE and look great together!!)





http://us.clarins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/鈥?/a>
okay go for MAC or L'oreal HIP eyeshadow... look for matte ones without glitter, there are tons. Also look for eye crayons. Try sephora, they have a new line called Sephora Piink and its all cheap makeup but a zillion colors. Check it. =)
also check out bare minerals, when you wet the colors a bit they can be intense and very pretty! If you go to the store they'll do a demo for you and find what works good/you like
Mac have a few try these eyeshadows:


Electric Eel


Clarity


Freshwater


Newly Minted


Post Haste


Passionate and if you want them to be more noticeable use a black liner all over your lid and wait for it to dry before applying eyeshadow
I believe MAC makeup have bold glitterless colors. A friend of mine used to wear a really popping plum color, it was glitterless. I don't think MAC is cheap either.
GOSH do great colour palletts. i have most of them but my fav is the one with blue, green, yellow and a paler blue.
M.A.X or Hip(and yes i did mean to put MAX) ..they come in VERY bright shades but have no glitter in them.Hope i helped.
mac %26amp; bare essentials
Mac and Smashbox baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
prevention