Friday, December 11, 2009

Don't match your eyeshadow to your dress/top?

I heard, (I think from America's Next Top Model) a while back that you're NOT supposed to match your eyeshadow to your dress/top. Like this:


http://cdn.thesuperficial.com//bfm_galle鈥?/a>





Could someone explain this makeup tip to me? Is matching your eyeshadow to your dress/top bad because it doesn't make your eyes pop as much as a different color... etc? Or it was just a random tip that doesn't mean anything?





Thanks so much. :)Don't match your eyeshadow to your dress/top?
Hm, im kinda in the middle with this one.


I guess if you match everything (eg the paris hilton pic) with the same colour, like blue eyeshadow, blue dress, blue shoes, blue toe-nails, it would look overwhelming to the eye. on paris hilton, it doenst look so bad, as she has a professional hair and makeup team, but maybe on others, it would look....tacky.


But mix-and-matching is awesome, as long as you do it ';properly';, it shouldnt be a problem.


Nice question by the way, it's quite a one-of-its-kind lol =)Don't match your eyeshadow to your dress/top?
It just looks tacky. Would you wear an all pink outfit from head to toe?


You just dont do it, its like a faux pau.





It does kinda not make your eyes pop, makes them like the same color as your shirt. If your not sure what color to wear, just go with a neutral like dark blue, green, brown, purple, or a gold.


Gold makes a lot of eyes sparkle, obviously.


Just go with the flow and experiment and just see if it looks tacky.
it really doesn't matter, if it matches or not, maybe try a blend of some popular colors in your wardrobe. i do pink and purple


remember white is always ur friend w/eyeshadow!!!


whatever u feel confidant and comfortable with!


hope dis hlps:)
for me i don't listen to that tip. i just wear a random color of eyeshadow everyday weather it matches or not. i don't think it matters.
It's because you will look very tacky. Makeup is not supposed to be noticeable. It's supposed to enhance your features. Please don't match your eyeshadow with your clothes.
So long as you don't overdo it, there's nothing wrong with it.


I think Paris looks cute. :P
Honestly I match my eyeshadow to my clothes and I think it looks great. I don't match it ALL the time though, like if I'm wearing a red top then I obviously won't wear red eyeshadow. But if you're wearing a pink, green, purple, etc top I see nothing wrong with matching your eyeshadow to it. I'm against wearing opposite colours. For example if you're wearing a red dress I think it would look disgusting to wear blue eyeshadow. Maybe its just me but I would feel really weird wearing an eyeshadow colour that was totally opposite of what I was wearing. If you don't want to look like you're too matchy-matchy you can always wear a neutral coloured eyeshadow, gold or silver and then take the colour that your top is and apply that colour of eyeshadow to the outer corners of your eyes (kind of in a V-shape). Thats what I do and it looks great. It gives you that nicely matched look without looking ';too done';. When you look at clothing if you feel weird about matching the colour of your top to your eyeshadow, then that is generally a clue that you shouldn't. For example some colour of eyeshadows would look really weird such as red, orange and some shades of yellow. Also if you're wearing a neutral colour of clothing something like grey, white, beige, black etc then you can wear ANY colour of eyeshadow you want because those colours match with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
prevention