Friday, December 11, 2009

Can I wet sponge to blend powder eyeshadow?

I'm not an eyeshadow person. But every once in a while I feel like it.


Creamy eyeshadows are great but they won't work in the hot summer as they'll fade too soon. So I don't want to buy them since I ALSO have variable eyeshadows in two make-up palettes given me as gifts.





I haven't tried but I want to wet the eyeshadow sponge into the powder eyeshadow for better blending to give the subtle soft creamy look but would still be of a little dry effect, not too moist.


Is it wrong?Can I wet sponge to blend powder eyeshadow?
water and powder eyeshadow together is good for making a hard precise line (think eyeliner). If you mix water and eyeshadow together it might go on smoothly but you runa larger chance of it going on streaky. In either case, mixing it with water will make it very bold.


Your better bet would be to apply the creamy shadow as a base and apply the powder over it. The creamy shadow gives the powder something to adhere to. You can pick a color close to your skin tone (or use a liquid foundation) in order to not alter the color of your powder.


If you are wiling to spend money you might want to get a primer. Urban Decay has one for eyes and/or Smashbox has a foundation primer thats good all around.


The eyeshadow sponge makes putting on eyeshadow smoothly kind of rough. I would get a brush.Can I wet sponge to blend powder eyeshadow?
learning what works for u with make-up is alot of trial %26amp; error. give it a try. but trust me on this.... use brushes. they are more precise and give a much neater look.
just put your eyeshadow brush under water for a few seconds and then apply it because its easier and has the same affect. =)
nothing is wrong. if it works for you... make it work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
prevention